Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Our Mini Vaca to Jackson

We followed Daddy to Jackson like Mary's Little Lamb, where ever he was going we were going too! So Jackson it was......we were so excited! Yes, the boys got out of school but we did their school work while we were there.
Tuesday we went to the Natural Science Museum. The boys have talked about this museum for a long time. Each year the school has someone from the museum come and bring animals and talk to the kids so they felt like they knew everything about it. I didn't realize how much stuff was going to be there. The two-headed snake was a favorite, crazy looking thing. The alligator turtle fooled all of us; it was very big, being very still and we could not tell if it was real or not.......until it blinked its eyes! Oh my! Then when we walked back by it had closed it's mouth. S liked the turtles the best. She chased one in an aquarium that she just knew she could take home. She kept telling the swimming turtle to be still and let her pet him! We walked outside to do the nature walk and Daddy called about the same time so the kids waled to the amphitheater. After I got off the phone I noticed C walking toward me buttoning his pants and zipping his pants. He had peed outside in the amphitheater at the Natural Science Museum! All I can say is you take the boy out of the country but you can't take the country out of the boy! I hope they don't have surveillance cameras.

Wednesday was my favorite day. Daddy took off at lunch, a VERY rare occasion, and went to the zoo with us! S picked out her giraffe outfit to wear to the zoo and the first animal we see is the giraffe. Priceless face she made when she saw it. Of course we named all the animals, we found Big Daddy and Daddy, the orangutans, grooming themselves. And we saw C and MZ, the spider monkeys, swinging from the cages! It was a casual afternoon spent strolling though a zoo holding hands and making faces and talking about everything and anything. We all loved it! And not to let C be "out do" him, MZ peed at the zoo in the bushes! What can I say!

Thursday we were coming home but wanted to fit one more thing in before the long drive home. We decided on the MS Capitol building. I think the kids liked it. C took lots of pictures to show his class and MZ was impressed with the golden elevator. MZ did try to go into the governor's office! I stopped him and he said "is he there?" I said "I don't think so" he said "I've met home before, he'll remember me!" Of course he would!! After the Capitol we went to lunch with Daddy and then headed home.

A great trip overall. Good family time!




At the Natural Science Museum:




At the Zoo:



At the MS Capitol building:







No comments:

Post a Comment