Sunday, March 7, 2010

R.I.P. Lucy

This has been a difficult weekend. Normally I would only like to blog about good, cheery, happy things but this is about LIFE and as everyone knows, life is tough sometimes. I am blogging about my childhood dog Lucy. We got Lucy, a rat terrier, when I was in high school. Matthew named her Lucy after Lucille Ball. She was the only dog I had growing up that we kept longer than 6 months. She was spastic and feisty, she licked you every time you tried to pet her, she did not like anyone but her family and the squirrels outside the breakfast room door tortured her. When Lucy was a year old I left her outside, chained up; a couple of months later she gave birth to 3 puppies in my lap. After that mom got her spayed. Anyway Lucy died this weekend. Very sad. Dad was trying to build her an appropriate box to be buried in and nearly cuts his finger off. Big Daddy is fine, he did stubbornly refuse to go to the doctor to get stitches *rolling my eyes* but Nanni bandaged him and wrapped the horror-film-looking finger. A trauma to add to all the drama!
Lucy was a good dog to our family and she will be missed!

R.I.P. Lucy

No comments:

Post a Comment